Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Matters that matter

Just finished lunch and came back to my little space that makes me think that I work. My study. 

As I embark upon another journey of if's and but's in my work, I oscillate greatly between my past and my present. It was a few months back that I was struck by the deadly D- Dengue. I hate to be even reminded of it. But even a single flashback of it sends chills down my spine. 

10 days of unbearable pain had me crying like a newborn- wanting to be comforted and fed and comforted again. 

Just as I was discussing this with my family members today, I felt the same pain and agony for a few seconds. For the same duration, the vision of all that occurred during the phase held me hostage and it took a powered effort to drag myself out of the mirage and let the realization of the reality descend. THAT is how draining it was- Even a few seconds of a mere flashback of it caused deep felt horror that haunts me even as I write. A few more hours and I shall have forgotten about it- at least consciously. 

I have known people who have been through worse. I have met prodigies who suffered the worst and yet are doing 'well' as the world perceives them. And it strikes me that it has indeed been wisely said that onscreen can never reflect the offscreen that went into making it. Ultimately, the people who care for you, your dear ones, are the only ones affected. Their prayers transform into your survival. Their tears could have broken you down but it is the love causing them that builds you up. 


Despite the horror of those days, I am alive. And wiser. Stronger than before. Ready to take on certain challenges. To accomplish the targeted. To make those dear and close ones happier. 
So, I proceed. 


Come what may, the rule of life is that it continues. Because whatever may transpire, we acknowledge how important it is to fight back and emerge triumphant. And despite all odds,

We sustain. 

We survive. 



PS: Undergoing a trauma? Fight back. If you give up, nobody is going to care. Get up! Get back! Life is much more than what the naked eyes can see. YOU matter. 

--

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knowww totally! And thats an honor :) I hope you know the same too!

      Delete
  3. VERY TRUE. Applicable thru out once life's journey.

    ReplyDelete